Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Perspective

After completing this week's reading I had the wonderful opportunity of teaching a lesson on perspective to my after- school art class kids. The majority had never encountered the term perspective before. The students range from 8th grade down to second, which can make for some very interesting classes! Still, they all really seemed to like this one. I started off by having them make a folded book with a page for each of the six elements of perspective we had discussed in our class the other day. I came up with some simple visual examples on the chalkboard to illustrate them and they really got it. It was pretty cool. I always let them find a way to complete their projects in a manner that both honors the idea of the lesson and maintains their confidence (just as needed for the middle schoolers as for the Littles.) I am looking forward to displaying their perspective pieces and they will be proud to see them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment