Monday, October 5, 2009

attempthing a post for week one

This blogging thing is all new to me. I think I have finally found where to write and post one.

An interestingly time thing happened this week Following our discussion about designing a new dollar bill, my son found a couple of Obama notes someone had left behind. They feature his widely smiling face and are one trillion dollar notes. I would put their image in my blog, but I have no clue how to do that, so I will bring them into class Monday if someone wants to see them.

In regards to the homework of designing a new dollar, my project has swung to a completely new side from the one I thought I would do. When I mentioned the project, family members all gave me their ideas about what it should have, which made me think about things I hadn't before. When I reread the instructions, I decided to take yet a completely different approach, going now in the direction of what I feel our country should stand for. It was an intriguing process and one that opened some lively discussions. My mind map wandered all over the place. Some of the ideas I ultimately selected weren't on it in the beginning. It keeps growing.

Since beginning this class I have been more aware of visual representations in the media, magazines and such. Some of them are quite thought provoking. If I can figure out how to post images, I'll include some I've come across so far.
See you in class.
Ida

1 comment:

  1. I can help you post images, Ida. It's easier to show you than tell you but I'll try via email. I know you tried to email me and it didn't work. Use the link on my student blog; you'll find it in the right margin, click on the "email me" (it's the envelope image). You will need a scanner or digital camera to achieve the upload to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete